Sunday, April 30, 2006

My Life Now.


Hey. It's me. If you've read any of my blog you'll know I've got this old house in the country I'm trying to do up. Still no electricity or running water in the house yet. Nearly finished the roof. Next the steps. I'm learning a lot. Not so scared of heights anymore even though I still get the shivers.It's a great place for a hermit and I'm not above becoming just that, but when one has family. animals and plants in another place one can't just abandon them all. The older one gets the less one needs. At least that's how I feel. I don't have that many clothes I've had some of the things for over twenty years and I'm sure that they'll do me another twenty. I have plenty of books. I'll never read them all. I don't eat all that much but what I do is too much and my waist line is proof of this. I don't need to travel about. The thing That would interest me most about travelling is getting to know people from other countries and I can do that on internet. I love my computer! All I want to do now is look around at what surrounds me especially when I'm in the country. The seasons change so quickly and every day brings new discoveries. I love the beauty of the Italian landscape, my old stone house in the hills. the elegance of the magpies and the colourful flamboyant jays the magic presence of the owls at night..........I suppose I'm just in love with it all really.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stardust said...

Julia, we have so much in common! What you describe, not needing much is so true for me also. I love my computer also...I also have plenty of books and will never read them all. Just give me my private, simple space to be myself and be by myself, but I also have family, pets etc who need me and cannot just run off and abandon them, so am here. I would love a house in the country even if it doesn't have electricity or running water. It seems like it would make one feel as if they are in another place in time...a simpler time.

When I visit your blog, I feel as if I am making a little visit to Italy.

3:39 am  
Blogger Jules said...

Yes. We are the same. We want the same things. It's strange but to create a simple life is not so easy. In fact it can be even hard work. I like things to look right or at least what for me looks right but that's all really. I don't want much but what I have I want to like!

1:18 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

HI, I am frantically researching for information about Genoa and saw your blog via internet search. Are you still in Genoa? Appreciate it very much if you can give us some tips and essentials about Genoa for expats moving in January, 2009. Would like very much to know basic info such as cost of living, apartmental rental, best residential areas- nice but reasonably priced; utilities costs, etc. Thank you in advance. Warmest regards, Suzy

8:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home